Copper silver ionization is a non-chemical water treatment technology regarded as the most clinically effective prevention and remediation solution for Legionella, the bacteria responsible for Legionnaires' disease (Legionellosis). During this treatment, ions are systematically introduced into the water using a byproduct-free method to rid plumbing infrastructure of Legionella bacteria and other water-borne pathogens.
The greatest benefit of copper or copper/silver ionization is that the ions remain in the water providing a residual protection. The provide long-term, nontoxic purification and prevent against recontamination. Unlike most of types of sanitizers, the copper and silver ions remain in the water until they flocculate, or form masses with the algae and bacteria and then become large enough to be removed by the filtering equipment. When the “used” copper and silver ions are removed, the microprocessor control box is always producing new ions to continuously sanitize the water.
Features and Benefits of Copper Silver Ionization
- Copper silver ionization is the safest and most environmentally friendly solution to your water safety needs.
- This method is non-corrosive yet effectively cuts through the biofilm without damaging the distribution system.
- The efficacy of copper silver ionization is not dependent on water temperature, therefore making it effective throughout an entire water system.
- Copper silver ionization does not require consumables that are unsafe for handling.
- The ions introduced into the water supply are safe for human consumption and will not cause damage to the plumbing environment.
- Copper silver ionization does not involve any disinfection byproducts and has a longer lasting local affectivity than most other disinfectants because it remains in the water for a long period of time.